Aug 19, 2016
Mark Coffman, Master Distiller at Alltech Brewing, which is
the home of Town Branch bourbon, talks about being a Brewmaster as
well as a Master Distiller.
- Talk about your adolescence for a bit, was there any influence
of bourbon growing up?
- What made you want to get into the spirits industry?
- Most people get their stills from Vendome, but yours aren’t.
talk about them for a bit
- Talk about the Town Branch name for a bit. What’s the history
and Where did the name come from?
- What makes Town Branch unique in comparison to other
- Let’s talk about the location for a bit. it became the first
company to make bourbon in Lexington, Kentucky since the closure of
the Old James E. Pepper Distillery in 1958. how many barrels are
you filling per day and how many do you have aging?
- What’s the average age for Town Branch blend?
- You’re in an interesting position where you do not only
bourbon, but also beer. How much of the bourbon distillation
process is used for beer?
- Be honest. what’s more fun to make. bourbon or beer?
- You are also doing a traditional Irish Whiskey. talk about
- Follow on twitter (@TownBranch_KY) and