Feb 17, 2017
The Bourbon Community Roundtable #6 discusses Beam sales tactics
with OGD114 news, Buffalo Trace OFC conspiracy theories, and is
there a bias towards NDP/MGP when buying off the shelf.
- Blake from Bourbonr.com, Nick
and Kerry from Subourbia.com.
- OGD 114 is here to stay. Another Beam ploy to drive shelf
- There’s been no shortage of getting your chance to buy raffle
tickets for the Buffalo Trace OFC bottles. They carry a suggested
price tag of $8-10k. Is there a hidden motive here by Buffalo
Trace? A clever coup by BT to bring a bottle to market valued at
$10k then release more OFC to the general market at $1k and call it
- NDP, MGP, and the bias. Do you hold a grudge against NDPs and
refuse to buy? Or are you a believer that the flavor can come from
aging and finishing rather than the distillate.
- Bruce Schwalm: Question for the panel: If we geeks are the 1%
of the drinkers, why aren't we more focused on the art and less on