Mar 1, 2018
He might be the angriest man in bourbon and ruffles a lot of
feathers along the way, but he's been enjoying the spirit longer
than most of us. Bourbon Truth, or known as
Lloyd Christmas on
twitter, is well known for his jabs at the industry. In this
episode, we talk about his disdain for shelf trophies, if the
current market is overinflated, his opinion on how spirit awards
are rigged, and even touch on apple brandy. He's back with another
no non-sense episode about the harsh reality we often overlook.
Danner has been making
boots for 85 years for the unforgiving Pacific Northwest.
Their Stronghold series
is inspired by hikers but built for the toughest working
conditions. Find your local store at danner.com.
State of Logic Podcast connect the dots on relevant topics
with interesting people as their guests. They explore recent books,
culture, movies, science, politics and other random thoughts about
life. Show Notes:
- Also appeared on
- How has bourbon changed since we last talked?
- How dumb are people getting that they are buying partial
- What are your thoughts on WhistlePig and their pricing
- What bottles are collectibles for you?
- You said that you hate people that buy bottles as investments
but it actually worked out for you.
- Do you think you sold your collection too early?
- Are prices just at the top ?
- Are unicorns going to go up?
- What are some of those bottles you would sell already
- You mentioned KY
Owl and it's pricing, do you see that as a long term investment
for that particular brand after their Stoli funding?
- Why do you think people feel the need to sell half-open
- You had a funny tweet that said "Reviewers have so many
different ways of saying 'the booze sucks'"
- The Whiskey Advocate
changed their whiskey review system with their original score and
panel score so it's flawed.
- Are those spirit awards just BS now? Because the most favorited
spirits don't enter anymore
- Is the problem that they are sending single barrels or limited
expressions most people won't have access to?
- What do you see as the movement of craft? Are bad ones ruining
the reputation for the majority of them?
- Are you jumping on the rum train too?
- We haven't heard people talk about brandy much
- How bad has Van Winkle quality gone down in recent years?
- Allocations are becoming very scandalous