Greg Davis, Master Distiller at Maker’s Mark, talks about how is continuing the tradition that has been set and more about day to day operations.
Read Show Notes Below
- Today. we go on-site to Loretto to Maker’s Mark Distillery
- Breaking News: Users claim there is a bad batch of 2015 Elmer T. Lee. Barrels 256, 264, 266 and 267 are the “defective” barrels but Buffalo Trace has already responded.
- Tell us about your story
- What was your background before coming to Maker’s Mark?
- What are some of the key things you remember from your mentorship?
- Can you talk about your wheated mash bill and how it came to be?
- Talk about the difference between Makers and Makers 46
- Why go with French Oak?
- Are there other kinds of experimentation going on?
- Talk about the motivation behind the Cask Strength offering
- Talk about what you are doing different with your barrels compared to others
- How do you pick the barrels that are going into the batch?
- Do you sample every barrel?
- How many rick houses do you have and do you take barrels from different places?
- Are you able to go to different warehouses and taste the difference?
- How do you detect “must”?
- Can you explain what still you have and why you prefer it?
- What is the average bottle count that comes out of Makers?