Feb 16, 2016
Bernie Lubbers, The Whiskey Professor and Brand Ambassador for Heaven Hill, talks about his past, catchphrase, and overview of bourbon badges in Part 1.
- Talk to us about how you first got into whiskey.
- You signature catchphrase or tagline is “Stay Bonded”. Tell the folks what you mean by that.
- Bernie talks about the history of Bottled-in-bond
- Bernie talks about words on labels and how those are badges
- You do a lot of bourbon-related research. Is there something you’ve found that has fascinated you?
- Bernie talks about flavor profiles and how they are attained through distillation, aging, and yeast. How each distillery does something different.
- What’s the day in the life of Bernie for being a Brand Ambassador?
- Give us a 101 level rundown of why a bar needs three different labels of the same stuff.
- Stay Tuned for the next episode where we talk about the removal of the Elijah Craig age statement, dive into the individual brands, and also a solo guitar performance.