Sep 6, 2018
Is he the biggest Wild
Turkey super fan out there? Without a doubt. David Jennings
goes by the alter ego RareBird101. In this episode we
explore his obsession with older dusty Wild Turkey and even some of
Russell's Reserve offerings. We also spend some time
speculating on our theories on what has changed over the years and
if Wild Turkey is headed in the right direction with premium
- Before we dive right in, what's your bourbon story?
- What got you into Wild Turkey?
- What keeps you interested in Wild Turkey?
- Talk about your blog for a minute and what you do at Rarebird101
- Think about some of those reviews you’ve done, because I’ve
seen some real turkey unicorns in there from tradition to split
labels to Christmas Rye. Do you have any standout favorites?
- What is it about cheesy gold foil?
- Jimmy says nothing has changed. But Be honest, do you think
dusty Wild Turkey is better than today?
- Since you’ve tasted almost everything in the turkey lineup, any
thoughts on recreating that dusty flavor profile?
- We posted on Instagram a while
back about waiting in line for a Weller107 store pick because
people like us are dumb. You were playing the angle that if
everyone focused their attention on Russell's Reserve picks you
wouldn’t have to stand in line. I know you have an article on the
10 reasons why you should be buying Russell's Reserve picks,
what are some of those favorite reasons of yours?
- How many different Russell's Reserve picks do you have?
- It seems that Wild Turkey limited releases don’t get many
accolades. From Diamond to Master’s Keep. What’s you honest
opinion? Do you feel they don’t deserve the high dollar or do
- Did you sleep on Russell's
Reserve 1998 like I did?
- When are you getting your chance to meet
- Support RareBird101 on Patreon