Feb 21, 2019
Eddie Russell from Wild
Turkey needs no introduction. He’s one of the most honest
Master Distillers in the industry and tells it like it is. This
episode digs into the nuances of the Wild Turkey line up to see if
we can figure out what could change. The biggest answer we all want
to know is when will there be a barrel proof Russell’s Reserve?
Tune in to find out.
- At Barrell Craft
Spirits, every batch they produce has a distinct flavor
profile. They take pride in blending and preserving spirits for the
people who enjoy them the most, you. You can find it on the shelf
at your nearest retail store.
- Receive $25 off your first order with code "Pursuit" at
- The week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about value
- How often are you going to Jimmy with questions?
- Do you feel like you have the job down?
- When you retire do you think you will hang around the
distillery like Jimmy?
- Do you feel like you have to work at the distillery?
- Since you travel so much, what airline are you loyal to?
- When you travel, do you wear Wild Turkey gear?
- Are there any travel destinations that have stood out to
- Do you get to have any fun when you travel?
- Are there any plans for changing barrel proof entry?
- How can you not get 101 proof out of bourbon that goes in a
- What is the thought process behind where in the rickhouse you
place the barrels to age?
- Is 108 your target for Rare Breed?
- How many barrels are being dumped into Rare Breed?
- Talk about the warehouses. Do you see a difference in the
whiskey coming out of the brick warehouses?
- How often do you get the chance to take a gamble?
- Do you see 81 still being prevalent in the market place?
- How many more derivatives do you think you can do?
- Are you wanting to bring in another recipe?
- Will we ever see a barrel strength Russell's Reserve?
- Do you enjoy picking barrels with consumers?
- Talk about the proof difference between Wild Turkey Kentucky
Spirit and Russell's Reserve.
- Tell us about the partnership with Matthew McConaughey.
- Is it a goal to bring back the 8-year-old age statement?